The Guild of Pastoral Psychology is committed to protecting your privacy and data and will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully. This policy explains how we collect and use your information.
Who we are
The Guild of Pastoral Psychology (“we”, “us” or “The Guild”) is a charity registered in England and Wales, number 212662, registered address at KVT Business Care, Unit 1, Chapelton Lodge, East Winch Road, Blackborough End, Kings Lynn, PE32 1SF.
What information do we collect?
You give us your information when you enquire or book an event by phone, online via our website, via a third party; by attending one of our events; by becoming a member; by signing up to our “What’s On” mailings. The information we hold about you may include:
- Your name, address, email address and other contact information
- Other information you enter onto our website or provide us in correspondence
- Records of your correspondence with us
- Details of your visit to our website, including your IP address
- Details of your membership including your preference for how we communicate with you.
We maintain a record of your bookings. We keep a record of the emails we send you and we may track whether you receive or open them so that we can make sure we are sending you the most relevant information.
How do we use your data?
We use your data to:
- Provide you with event information or other information you have requested
- Contact you if there are any important changes to your booking
- Administer your booking
- Administer your membership
- Keep a record of your relationship with us
- Ensure we know how you prefer to be contacted
- Tell you about events and activities of other organisations that we think you will find of interest
- Tell you about changes in our activities and opportunities to connect with us that we believe you will find of interest.
If you do not want to receive information by post or email about our events and services you have the option to change your contact preferences at any time by contacting us via the contact details at the end of this policy.
We will not share any of your personal details with any other third party without your agreement, unless required in order to fulfil our contract with you or allowed by law. In general the third party providers used by us to fulfil our contract with you will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. These providers include event and booking agents, email distribution services and charity administration services. We have agreements in place with each to ensure your data is secure and cannot be accessed or used for any other purpose.
Your personal data is never sold to any other organisation.
How we keep your data safe
Your personal data will be held on the Guild’s dedicated system which is hosted by a carefully selected third party. This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Information is held within the EU and the processes are EU compliant.
We will delete information when we no longer need it.
We may communicate with you by email. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
We make no representations about any other websites, and when you access any other website through a link on our website (including social media sites) you understand that it is independent from us and that we have no control over that website or the way your personal information is collected through those websites. Those websites may have their own privacy policies and we encourage you to look at those policies or contact the website operators directly to understand how your personal information is used.
Changes to this policy
You have the following rights related to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of personal information held about you
- The right to request that inaccuracies be corrected
- The right to request us to stop processing your personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
To request details of the information we hold about you, if you have provided us with your personal information but decide at a later date that you no longer want to receive information from us, or if you wish to update us that your contact details have changed or change your preferences, simply let us know by:
- sending an email to: [email protected];
- writing to KVT Business Care, Unit 1, Chapelton Lodge, East Winch Road, Blackborough End, Kings Lynn, PE32 1SF;
- calling +44 1553 849849.
Instructions for unsubscribing from emails will also be included in each email communication we send.
What are cookies?
- Essential cookies – these are required for the operation of our website, for example to enable you to log in to secure areas of the website.
- Analytic/performance cookies – these allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. We use a service called Google Analytics and more details can be found at www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy.
- Functionality cookies – these are used to recognise you when you return to our website so that we can personalise our content for you and remember your preferences, e.g. whether you are signed up to email alerts.
Third party websites and social networks
Some of the content on our website is provided by third parties. This includes but is not limited to: Google Maps for interactive mapping, YouTube for hosted video and Flickr for images. When you visit a page containing content from one of these sites a cookie may be set. We do not have any control over these cookies and they will be set pursuant to the third party’s own policies on privacy and cookies.
Changes to this policy and further information
You can find out more about cookies generally and how to disable them at allaboutcookies.org